Job type : Full time, contract (1 year with possible extension)
The Center for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i) is looking for a highly motivated scientist experienced with state-of-the-art flow cytometry techniques. The individual is expected to develop and execute flow cytometry and mass cytometry tests and methods to support clinical and research efforts in immuno-oncology.
- Design and carry out in the laboratory experiments characterizing immune responses to support oncology and personalized medicine programs (flow cytometry, mass cytometry, ELISA, cytotoxicity, etc.).
- Set up the mass cytometry platform (fine tuning, quality testing) in collaboration with the provider’s technical support.
- Ensure quality control of the methods used and data generated.
- Analyse data and write scientific reports.
- Ensure that the work is done in accordance with protocols and Good Laboratory Practice if applicable.
- Collaborate with members of the unit, personnel from participating sites, pharmaceutical companies and contractual research organizations (CROs).
- Participate to project meetings to maintain a high quality standard.
- Train recruited personnel to execute various immuno-monitoring assays, if needed.
- Other tasks deemed necessary.
Training and experience
- MSc with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 0+ years of experience in immunology or any other appropriate discipline.
- Previous experience in immuno-monitoring (flow cytometry, ELISA, cytotoxicity).
- Experience in method development, optimisation and validation, preferably for clinical end-use.
- Knowledge of the GLP work environment and of standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Knowledge of principles underlying personalized therapies for cancer treatments.
- Expertise in immunology and especially in T cell biology is an asset.
- Expertise in bioinformatics is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with French/English bilingualism.
- Knack for teamwork and moving projects forward in an environment based on exchange and collaborative work between various stakeholders.
- Attention to details, great organisational planning capabilities, ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously, effectiveness in time management, precision and reliability in record-keeping and filing are essential.
- Demonstrated excellence and productivity in research.
- Autonomy and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effectiveness in time management.
- Diplomacy, dynamism, flexibility, efficiency, commitment and professionalism.
To be filled as soon as possible. Salary will be fixed according to qualifications.
Candidates interested must send their curriculum vitae as well as a letter of intent before 4:30 pm on September 1st 2017.
Note that we will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.