Reporting to the Project Lead, the lab technician is part of the Biomarkers and Diagnostic Unit (BDU) of C3i center. BDU’s missions are to provide quality control support to the cellular manufacturing unit of C3i and to develop novel diagnostic assays to help accelerate the shift toward advance targeted therapies.
The lab technician specialized in cellular biology will participate in the development and execution of tests and methods. The lab technician will be working in our dedicated space within Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital and will have the following responsibilities.
- Perform the technical tasks of a research project, namely:
- Multi-color Flow Cytometry
- Cell culture (primary and immortalized cells);
- Other general lab task (Ficoll, cell and plasma banking, etc)
- Assist the project manager in other research activities, namely:
- Assist in the planning and execution of experimental programs.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of any problem that may affect the efficient operation and quality standards of assigned projects.
- Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for the quality and relevance of the results submitted.
- Be responsible for the collection and analysis of results, the development and maintenance of certain equipment, schedule planning, etc.
- Perform various administrative tasks related to the research project, namely:
- Acquisition of material and equipment;
- Assistance in writing and reviewing technical documents, including laboratory SOPs, test protocols and reports
- Analyze and interpret the research results according to planned or customary methods and disseminate the results according to SOP
- Develop and improve the skills and knowledge needed to successfully support assigned projects.
Training and experience
- Medical Technologist Diploma or MSc
- Demonstrated aseptic techniques is a must
- Full proficiency in French is a must
- Proficiency in English reading is a must
- Previous experience in Flow cytometry is an asset
- Previous experience in ELISPOT, ELISA or EIA is an asset
- Previous experience in Mass cytometry is an asset
- Knowledge of the GMP/cGLP work environment and of standard operating procedures (SOP) is an asset.
- Knowledge of principles underlying personalized therapies for cancer treatments is an asset.
QUALITIES SOUGHT BY EMPLOYER
Flexible, responsive, problem solving skills, aptitude for teamwork, attention to detail, marked organization skills
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicating the job title you are apply for in the subject line of your email.