PROFESSIONNAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT – Biomarker and Diagnostic Unit
Full time, contract (1 year with possible extension)
The Center for Commercialisation of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i) is looking for a highly motivated research assistant
experienced with basic cellular biology techniques, including flow cytometry, for its Biomarker & Diagnostic Unit. The
individual is expected to receive and process clinical samples for biobanking purpose, develop and execute immuno-
monitoring assays and other tasks to support clinical and research efforts in immuno-oncology.
1. Develop and carry out laboratory experiments to support oncology and personalized medicine programs
(flow cytometry, ELISA, cytotoxicity, etc.).
2. Receive and process samples for biobanking (isolating various fractions [plasma/serum], isolate
PBMCs/PMNs by Ficoll, freeze down cells, extract RNA and DNA, update reception documentation, etc.).
3. Ensure proper sample annotations and follow up in biobanking system.
4. Execute and write standard operation procedures.
5. Ensure quality control of the methods used and data generated.
6. Ensure that the work is done in accordance with protocols and Good Laboratory Practice if applicable.
7. Write experiment reports with pre-established templates.
8. Participate to project meetings to maintain a high quality standard.
9. Other tasks deemed necessary.
Training and experience
MSc with 2+ years of experience in appropriate discipline (for example immunology, molecular biology).
Prior experience in immuno-monitoring techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, cytotoxicity) and cell culture.
Experience in method development, optimisation and validation, preferably for clinical end-use is an asset.
Knowledge of the GLP work environment and of standard operating procedures (SOP).
Knowledge of principles underlying personalized therapies for cancer treatments.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability for teamwork and moving projects forward in an environment based on exchange and collaborative
work between various stakeholders.
Executes tasks with precision, meticulousness and rigour.
Excellent observation skills and attention to details.
Great organisational planning capabilities.
Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
Effectiveness in time management.
Precision and reliability in record-keeping and filing is essential.
Autonomy and problem-solving capabilities.
Diplomacy, dynamism, flexibility, efficiency, commitment and professionalism.
French/English bilingualism is an asset.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. The salary will be fixed according to qualifications.
By email to Danielle de Verteuil: email@example.com
Please note that we will only contact those selected for an interview.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – GMP Manufacturing Unit (3 positions)
Job type: Full time, contract (1 year with possible extension)
The research assistant will participate in the development and execution of new bioprocesses, tests and methods for the production of stem cells and cell therapies for projects managed by the Centre for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i). The research assistant will be working at the Centre of Excellence in Cellular Therapy, a state-of-the-art cGMP facility, and will have the following responsibilities.
– Cell culture (stem cells, immune cells);
– Use and maintenance of the equipment and materials of the cGMP Manufacturing Unit used for the projects the RA will be in charge of;
– Assist in the evaluation and development of new technologies for the production of cell therapies.
– Assist in the planning and execution of experimental programs.
– Assist with the identification and resolution of any problem that may affect the efficient operation and quality standards of assigned projects.
– Acquisition of material and equipment
– Assistance in writing and reviewing technical documents, including laboratory SOPs, test protocols and reports
Training and experience
To be filled as soon as possible. Salary will be fixed according to qualifications.
Candidates interested must send their curriculum vitae as well as a letter of intent by Jul 13th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [Research Assistant Position].
Note that we will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.