The research assistant will participate in the development and execution of new bioprocesses, tests and methods for the production of stem cells and cell therapies for projects managed by the Centre for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i). The research assistant will be working at the Centre of Excellence in Cellular Therapy, a state-of-the-art cGMP facility, and will have the following responsibilities.
- Perform the technical tasks of a research project, namely:
- Cell culture (stem cells, immune cells);
- Use and maintenance of the equipment and materials of the cGMP Manufacturing Unit used for the projects the RA will be in charge of;
- Assist the project manager in other research activities, namely:
- Assist in the evaluation and development of new technologies for the production of cell therapies.
- Assist in the planning and execution of experimental programs.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of any problem that may affect the efficient operation and quality standards of assigned projects.
- Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for the quality and relevance of the results submitted.
- Plan the implementation and administration of data collection tools or systems. Expected to improve or adapt already existing methods.
- Be responsible for the collection and analysis of results, the development and maintenance of certain equipment, schedule planning, tariffs, etc.
- Perform various administrative tasks related to the research project, namely:
- Acquisition of material and equipment
- Assistance in writing and reviewing technical documents, including laboratory SOPs, test protocols and reports
- Analyze and interpret the research results according to planned or customary methods and disseminate the results. May be asked to write reports, summary documents or to participate in writing scientific articles and disseminating results.
- Develop and improve the skills and knowledge needed to successfully support assigned projects.
Training and experience
- MSc or BSc with 2+ years of experience in industry (NO PhD please)
- Previous experience in cell culture (stem cells, immune cells).
- Experience in method development, optimisation and validation, preferably for clinical end-use.
- Knowledge of the GMP work environment and of standard operating procedures (SOP) is an asset.
- Knowledge of principles underlying personalized therapies for cancer treatments.
- Expertise in immunology and especially in T cell biology is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with French/English bilingualism.
- Knack for teamwork and moving projects forward in an environment based on exchange and collaborative work between various stakeholders.
- Attention to details, great organisational planning capabilities, ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously, effectiveness in time management, precision and reliability in record-keeping and filing are essential.
- Demonstrated excellence and productivity in research.
- Autonomy and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effectiveness in time management.
- Diplomacy, dynamism, flexibility, efficiency, commitment and professionalism.
To be filled as soon as possible. Salary will be fixed according to qualifications.
Candidates interested must send their curriculum vitae as well as a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [Research Assistant – Cell Therapy].
Note that we will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.