The research assistant will participate in the development and execution of new bioprocesses, tests and methods for the production of gene therapies for projects managed by the Centre for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i). The research assistant will be working at the Centre of Excellence in Cellular Therapy, a state-of-the-art cGMP facility, and will have the following responsibilities.
- Perform the technical tasks of a research project, namely:
- Cell culture (stem cells, immune cells, cell banks);
- Use and maintenance of the equipment and materials of the cGMP Manufacturing Unit used in the GTP;
- Development of specific SOPs and Batch Records for the GTP projects
- Development of analytical tests supporting the manufacturing of viral vectors
- Assist the project manager in other research activities, namely:
- Assist in the evaluation and development of new technologies for the production of gene therapies.
- Assist in the planning and execution of experimental programs: capacity analysis, adaptation of the existing infrastructure to the new needs;
- Assist with the identification and resolution of any problem that may affect the efficient operation and quality standards of assigned projects;
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Manager of the GMP Unit, and the Director of Operations of the CETC, and be responsible for the quality and relevance of the results submitted.
- Plan the implementation and administration of data collection tools or systems. Expected to improve or adapt already existing methods.
- Support the collection and analysis of results, the development and maintenance of certain equipment, schedule planning, tariffs, etc.
- Perform various administrative tasks related to the research project, namely:
- Acquisition of material and equipment
- Assistance in writing and reviewing technical documents, including laboratory SOPs, test protocols and reports
- Analyze and interpret the research results according to planned or customary methods and disseminate the results. May be asked to write reports, summary documents.
- Develop and improve the skills and knowledge needed to successfully support assigned projects.
Training and experience
- MSc or PhD with experience in Gene therapy techniques, namely Viral Vector Production, CRISPR-Cas9 and other gene transfer technologies;
- Previous experience in using Bioreactors for cell culture (suspension cell system preferred);
- Experience in method development, optimisation and validation, preferably for clinical end-use;
- Knowledge of the GMP work environment and of standard operating procedures (SOP) is an asset;
- Knowledge of principles underlying personalized therapies for cancer treatments;
- Expertise in immunology and especially in T cell biology is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with French/English bilingualism.
- Knack for teamwork and moving projects forward in an environment based on exchange and collaborative work between various stakeholders.
- Attention to details, great organisational planning capabilities, ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously, effectiveness in time management, precision and reliability in record-keeping and filing are essential.
- Demonstrated excellence and productivity in research.
- Autonomy and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effectiveness in time management.
- Diplomacy, dynamism, flexibility, efficiency, commitment and professionalism.
To be filled as soon as possible. Salary will be fixed according to qualifications.
Candidates interested must send their curriculum vitae as well as a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [Research Assistant – GTP].
Note that we will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.